Saturday, January 26, 2008

In the beginning their were children singing, always.

Have you ever dreamed of a place where you have never been? Or of a people whom you have never met? I have; over and over and over. It began in my twenties I would sleep and hear children singing and giggling in between the words, which were not English words. I would always smile back and feel as if I were home. As time went on I could see their faces: bright, yearning, hopeful, and beckoning. As I attended college and later raised my own children I came to realize who these children were…..my future students. You see I am a teacher by profession and a searcher of soul fulfillment by destiny. With my children mostly raised, I still have a 16 year old at home, my dream is about to become actualized. I am excited and curious to see if the dream and the reality are the same.

No comments: